Sunday, November 14, 2010

butterflies.

"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." 
I decided to post today about change. Its a pretty big topic I know, but I've been thinking a lot about the word lately and I want to share my thoughts. 
I am nothing like the girl I used to be. And that is a good thing.. I was so caught up in everything that just didn't matter. I thought only of myself, and because of that I hurt a lot of people. 

Through the mistakes I have made, I really HAVE found out who I am - and who I'm NOT. I found out who the people around me really were. I have grown to love MYSELF, and the people who love me. I lost many friends, but I've gained many and the have grown closer to the ones I already had. I became WAY closer to my family. I see the mistakes I have made over the past few years as blessing to my life because I have grown dramatically from them and they have shaped me into the girl I am today. I could have turned the opposite way and decided to hate my life, but I chose to make the best of my situation. And here I am today, happier than I have EVER been.. thats the truth! I am proud of the person I am today. And I owe that all to the life situations I have faced. It turns out, that maybe you just have to do the wrong thing. Sometimes you have to make a mistake to figure out how to make things right again. Mistakes and changes are painful, but they're the only way to find out who you really are. 
I really like the analogy of a butterfly. Here is a thing so beautiful, yet we never stop to think of what it was like before it became a butterfly. If you ask me, a caterpillar is not that pretty! haha. Just like my life was before I had to make some changes. But all it takes it some time, energy, courage, and patience to make those "ugly times" morph into something beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment