Sunday, January 2, 2011

another year gone

Here we are at the start of a new year, and I'm left here pondering over 2010. What a year it was. The ups,  the downs, and everything in between. Graduating high school, having a baby, placing a baby, starting college.. I can't believe so many things happened over the short course of a year. 
In a way, I am sad to say goodbye to 2010. But January means a new start, new challenges to overcome, and more joys to fill my life. 
Looking back on 2010, I think of what got me through those difficult times. There is no way I could have ever gone through some of the things I did alone. There were so many people by my side, and I don't have any words to show how grateful I am for their support. Of course the first thing that comes to mind is my family. My mom, my dad, and everyone else. My friends. Most of all however, I think of my Savior. It is not just because of this past Christmas season that I acknowledge the role He had in my life over this past year. There were lots of times I felt alone, yet all I had to do was turn to Him for comfort. So many times I wanted to give up, but couldn't. I found this video today and cried because it was so perfect to how I felt the past year. 


The trials and challenges each of us face will become easier if we can only turn to the one person who will never give up on us. You are never alone. It is never too late to change, and find the joy that everyone searches for. All you have to do is look, listen, and trust. I promise that Love really will find you there! 

1 comment:

  1. I just love this song... I found it when I was about six monthes along and I cried and cried.

    Music is the very best sometimes...

    I loved this blog :)... you're one tough cookie; and what a year it has been!

    ReplyDelete