Sunday, February 6, 2011

not on God's time.

Tonight I went to a church fireside with my mom and some family friends, and picked up on a little quote that our Stake President said. 
It really made me think and I hope it will be comforting to those who need a little help at this time in their life. 
God's Time is not always Our Time.
As humans we naturally want things to happen right now, in this very moment. But we need to stop and take a look at the big picture. Our time here is just the beginning of what is to come, so what is the rush? I've said this numerous times before, and I'll keep saying it as long as it is true. Everything happens for a reason. What that reason is however, we might not know for a long time. Or even at all. That shouldn't matter though- because our Father in Heaven knows. Isn't that good enough? It sure was to me. I wasn't ready to be a mother, yet I was expecting a child. Even though I loved Cash so so much, it wasn't the right time for me to raise a baby. There was a woman waiting patiently for God's timing to catch up with hers so she could care for a child, 
and we were led to each other. 
I know a woman who recently lost a baby. She counseled me throughout my pregnancy, and was present when I placed Cash with D&Y. My heart aches for her and her husband, because they would have made great parents. Sadly, their timing just wasn't parallel to God's and their child was taken back home early. Some people might think this is unfair- why would something like this happen to good people? Well, everything happens for a reason, 
and He needed that spirit back in heaven with him.
No matter the situation, we can't ever doubt that God doesn't love us or care about us if we are doing everything we can, we just have to be patient and have faith that things will happen on his time. 

1 comment:

  1. I adored this <3

    My little heart aches for her and for anyone who's lost their little ones. But you are so right; Heavenly Father's plan is so much bigger then what we see.

    ReplyDelete